Monday, November 15, 2010

Lunch



I struggle with what to feed my kids for lunch all the time. I am trying to find the balance of healthy, good variety.....

My kids are by no means picky eaters so it should be easy but I am looking for more than just a sandwich. They both have decided that peanut butter is not their favorite anymore which is crazy how can you not like peanut butter? I know this is my fault because peanut butter sandwiches at one time was lunch at least four days a week.

Today was ham, yogurt with fruit and granola, carrots, celery with peanut butter. They loved it and asked for more of course. I guess that is my problem I now have two bottomless pits and I want to make sure good things are going into the pit!

So what do you feed your kids for lunch?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

As you know I don't have children but some ideas...
Chicken Salad made with plain or Greek yogurt instead of mayo- w/ grapes & almonds, Quesadillas w/ black beans & cheese on wheat tortillas, different types of Quiche & Soup, PB&J w/ sliced strawberries & bananas for variety!?

Jennifer Hambrick said...

yeah, lunch is hard around here too. favorites for us include:

1) mini pizzas made with whole wheat english muffins/topped with marinara sauce and cheese

2) bean and cheese roll ups (either black or refried beans and cheese in a whole wheat tortilla)

3) grilled apple and cheese sandwhiches with tomato soup

4) "tea party lunch" little plates filled with cheese cubes/cranberries/apple slices/cucumbers/turkey roll ups/crackers...etc. and they get to fill their plate.

Hope that helps!

p.s. we had fun with you guys last night!

S, E, or O said...

Lunches are a pain here, too. Before I know it, it's time to eat...again...and again. LOL! Anyway, I often cook a turkey breast in the crockpot and we eat turkey sandwiches, turkey soup, an salads with turkey a lot. Another thing--grilled cheese sandwiches; sometimes grilled ham & cheese; yogurt with extra fruit in it; apple slices with PB; I cut pita slices and toast them, then we dip them in left over chili or spinach dip; mac 'n cheese with fruit; good ole' PB&Js. ;)