Friday, February 10, 2012

The Mailbox



Last week while we were at the beach we went to visit the mailbox. Inside the mailbox is a notebook and pen for people to write whatever is on their mind. Some people are happy because life is going great and some feel like there is no where else to turn. It almost looks like a shrine with all of the shells at the base of it that people have left.  I wish I would have taken a better picture of it but I was too busy explaining to the kids that you should not take anything away from the mailbox because people left things there for a reason.

I have thought about the mailbox a lot this week and what a special little place it is tucked away all by itself on the very northern tip of Wrightsville Beach.  Maybe next time I will even leave a note or a shell.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is really cool, I wonder who started it?