Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

I can not begin to tell you how glad I am this day is finally here.

I have worked hard this election year to give my kids all the facts that they can understand. I have also never told them who I am voting for. My job this year has not been to mold my children into young Democrats or Republicans but to give them all the tools to understand the process. I have told them things I like and don't like about each candidate. If you know my children you know Cole is a big time Obama fan and that is fine with me. I know some people may feel I win mother of the year for that while others believe I have failed as a mother. I have failed if I teach my children you do it my way because I said so.

We have talked at great length about how we should pray for God to give us the wisdom to know who is the right person to vote for. After that conversation is when Adrienne decided that Santa Claus was her man for president.

At the end of the day this is what I want my children to know....

God is in control and He will not be surprised by the outcome of this election.

The President of the United States is someone that we are to respect. He is not going to make us happy all the time but it is our job to show him respect and pray for him daily.

No matter who our next President is we still live in the greatest country in the world.


3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love, love, love this! Agree with it all...especially with Adrienne, Santa just may be the best candidate ;-)

Unknown said...

This is just 'the best', Sheri. You're such a great mom. ;)

whitecallalily said...

Great post. Especially the part about respecting the president no matter who gets elected. I'm tired of hearing "He's not MY president."