Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Love or Like

A few years ago I was doing a Bible Study using the book "Calm My Anxious Heart" by Linda Dillow. It is a great book that I have highlighted, underlined, put big stars in....Now it sits on a shelf on my computer desk and I probably pull it out once a month and read a section of it. During that study someone brought up the point of how we say we love everything. I love my house, car, clothes.....but do we really love those things? Love should be for people not things. Do you really love your house like you love your husband or children?

This book had four principles in the chapter "Never Enough" that I try to remind myself of often.

1. Everything belongs to God
2. Heart attitude is the issue
3. God comes first and possessions come second
4. Possessions are to be used not loved.

I have a long way to go in this area. I am the girl that thinks she can't live without her iPhone. I am working on putting that phone down and investing in the people that are all around me. I would hate to miss an opportunity to love another person because I was too busy loving the iPhone.

No comments: