Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thankful

I am always thankful for my sweet husband and wonderful kids but this week I am beyond thankful for them.

I have not had strep throat since I was a child until this weekend. I am just now starting to feel human again after three trips to the doctor, two antibiotics that won't help, now I am on two antibiotics and a steroid. I am a walking pharmacy right now.

I have not been the best patient in the world either.....I may just be a little demanding when I am sick. But they love me anyway. I think me losing my voice has freaked the kids out more than anything. They just stare at me and say when will you get your voice back.

Poor Jeremy is probably hearing in his sleep....can I have a water, can I have a Tylenol, can I have a soup, how about a green tea, I need Motrin, popsicle would be nice, can I have hot chocolate, how about warm water because cold burns my throat. Lucky for him I lost my voice so he didn't have to hear it very long.

Like I said I am thankful because I know I could not put up with me during this sickness.

4 comments:

The Johnson Scoop said...

:( Hope you're starting to feel better!

S, E, or O said...

Hey! We hope you're feeling better real soon! E told me about your "really bad sore throat." We're praying you're well soon.

Jeanne said...

Glad you are feeling better. Missed you last night. So maybe you are the one who gave it to TJ? Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Oh man, when the momma's go down...the family kind of halts =) So sorry to hear you were sick...but glad you have such a sweet hubby to wait on you! Praying for a speedy rest of your recovery!