Friday, September 16, 2011

Three Years Later.....



Three years ago today Adrienne was diagnosed with diabetes. I feel like we have finally adjusted to our "new normal" life. Diabetes is an incredibly complex and challenging disease to treat. Whenever I think we have finally figured it out life smacks me down with the reality of how unpredictable this disease can be sometimes. Everything must be SO precisely balanced for her to feel her best and sometimes we still miss the mark.

I am still an emotional mess sometimes but I have learned to not beat myself up when things aren't perfect. There is not much I can do to make it easier for her. As much as I would like to make it all go away it is here to stay so I have to teach her how to manage the best she can.

I think Adrienne says it best "When I go to heaven I will not have diabetes anymore" While I pray there will be a cure during her life on this earth I am glad she knows she will be cured one day!

I love my little girl and while the world says she was a "disability" I know she is perfectly and wonderfully made!

No comments: