Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Forever?


Will I always have diabetes?

That is the question Adrienne asked a few days ago. Of course my answer was yes you will always have diabetes. We have talked about her diabetes and she knows that it will not go away. One thing you should know about Adrienne is her questions are never simple and a quick answer is not what she is looking for.

Adrienne gave me every chance in the world to give her the right answer but I was not catching on. "Mommy will I have diabetes FOREVER?" she asks with a big smile on her face. Finally I catch on......Mommy when I go to heaven I will not have diabetes anymore.

I am so thankful to have a beautiful girl that reminds me this earth is not our forever! One day she will no longer have to endure 6-8 finger pricks a day, shots, pod changes, and all the highs and lows that go along with diabetes. She knows there is a mighty God that is bigger than her diabetes and will one day heal her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From the mouths of babes He has ordained praise!

Heather said...

Praise God! I love that perspective!