Monday, August 23, 2010

Starting School

School starts today at our house no matter what.

Workboxes are full.

Notebooks are sitting at the table waiting.

Assignment books have lots of neat activities in them.

I am going to make cookies before they get out of bed. How can you have a first day of school without a special treat?

Dinner is already planned and going in the crock pot soon.

It is going to be a great year. I am starting a lot of new things this year one being Nature Study notebooks which I am really excited about. I sat down with the kids a few weeks ago and said "What do you want to learn this year?" they gave some great answers and they will get most of their wishes. I just don't think we are going to be able to swing those field trips they wanted to take to Africa, Russia, and Iceland.

And we are off.......

2 comments:

The Johnson Scoop said...

Yay! I know you'll have a great year! We're not going to officially start until the day after Labor Day. I need a little more time! ;)

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Way to go! Excited to hear all about your year as it unfolds...

We start next Monday =)