Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hoarder


I am a curriculum hoarder!

I know this and yet I still "need" to buy more.

I could probably teach my kids for the next two years just with the stuff I already have in the house.

When I tell other homeschool moms that I may have a book they need I mean it because there is a good chance I do.

I get so excited when spring comes because that means it is getting close to the NCHE homeschool conference. There are many wonderful speakers but I LOVE the bookfair. I don't even need to buy anything because I love just walking around seeing what the other families are buying and then do a little research and see if it would be good for my family.

Scholastic books has warehouse sales every few months. We always go buy books the kids are interested in. I have a hard time telling my kids no to books. I do try to limit the amount of cartoon or movie themed books.

We visit our local library once a week. We have been known to have about twenty five books checked out at a time.

I know I have a problem but I just love books and so do my kids.

I am sure there are worse problems to have......right?

2 comments:

Jennifer Hambrick said...

i could have written this very same post. i have a very soft spot for books myself =)

S, E, or O said...

It's so funny you posted this, because I am known to be a book hoarder, too. (What English major isn't?) Forget Kindle and all of the computer books. I love the pages--holding them with my fingers and turning through them...and oh, the smell of a new book! LOL! Give me margins to write in, too. Yep, I am known to be a book hoarder, too, which is why I am totally amazed that I packed up three big bag fulls of books and donated them last week. It was a bitter sweet thing for me. We needed more bookshelf space in our tiny living space, and some of the book pages were turning yellow from non-use... I sadly departed with them, but I love the space I have created for new books. New books that await me to mark in the margins and doggy ear pages. I love books. :) Cool post, Sheri!