Monday, September 27, 2010

Be Still

It has been that kind of day today. We were forced to "be still" because Adrienne woke up sick this morning with high blood sugar and high ketones. We had big plans today school, piano, Cub Scouts........

But today I saw God in my children all day. Adrienne praying this morning that she would feel better and also praying for Cole, Mommy, and Daddy not to get sick. While coloring she drew a cross and started talking talking about what it means to sin. Cole helped his sister all day making her water, coloring with her, watching a movie with her that he really did not want to watch but he knew she loved it. I love that Adrienne without being told stopped and prayed about her situation. I love that Cole without being asked took care of his sister while she was sick.

We are always busy running here or there but I am thankful for just a day to "be still" because there were a lot of wonderful moments we would have rushed right by today.

Psalm 46:10
Be still, and know that I am God


No comments: