Sunday, September 5, 2010

I Promise.......

This time every year I am full of wonderful lesson plans, fun field trip ideas, new schedules......but then life gets in the way of a lot of those wonderful plans. By life I mean one child takes longer to get their work done than planned, someone gets sick, I over schedule my children. I am having a little trouble admitting that I sometimes have my kids a little over scheduled. So this year I am going to make a promise list. Hopefully I will use this list as a constant reminder and at the end of the school year I will have no regrets.

I Promise........

*Before school starts each day all three of us will have our quiet time
*Read to my kids every day
*Praise my kids often
*Stop talking so much and listen to what they have to say (Really Listen)
*Enjoy our days together
*Limit my computer time
*Stop putting so much pressure on them and myself (enjoy the journey)
*More family time

This list seems so simple and all of these things we should be doing anyway. But I have a habit of getting caught up in the "get in done" mode and forget to enjoy the journey we are on.

1 comment:

S, E, or O said...

Hum.... I may borrow this list from you and (secretly) try to work on these things myself. Finding a balance is often frustrating for me, and as a result, I end up slacking on several of those areas you mentioned, and then I feel awful about it.