Thursday, September 2, 2010

School

Our school year is up and running! I have to admit I have not done my big plans for the year but that will come soon. I sat down with the kids about a month ago and asked the questions "what do you want to learn this year?" I was amazed at how specific they were. Cole as always wants to learn a lot of history and Adrienne of course wants to learn about animals, plants, really anything life science related. It makes school so much more fun when they are learning what they are interested in.

I am going to work this weekend on a lesson plan about hurricanes because that is their new fascination. We have talked a lot about hurricanes in the last couple of days and if you know me well you know I can't wait to teach my kids about hurricanes. I am totally a weather nerd. I love tracking hurricanes, snow storms, whatever...I love it.

1 comment:

Heavenly Bodies said...

This is awesome I have done the same thing with my boys asking what they want to learn about. It makes homeschooling so much easier when they have an interest in what they are doing.