Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sad.....

That pretty much sums up what we feel in our house right now. Our Children's Pastor and friends Andy and Michaella and sweet girls Emma Lee and Kerri are moving to Macon GA. I am happy for them and this new adventure God is leading them on but sad for us. Cole and Adrienne are devastated many tears were shed tonight by them and me too.

Andy has forever left a mark on my kids lives. He has taught them with such passion and it is amazing to hear them each week telling me what they learned in Big City. I can't help but think he is the reason Cole says he wants to be a Pastor when he grows up.

Michaella is just amazing. Without even knowing it she has shown me how to be a better mom and person. Of course she is also the one who taught me everything I know about couponing for that I will be forever grateful. If only I would have learned some of those amazing baking skills from her......who is going to make my kids birthday cake now?

My kids are really going to miss playing with Emma Lee and Kerri. Adrienne called Emma Lee her "nice best friend" and I think Emma Lee and Cole had a little crush on each other.

We are going to miss them all so much! I am thinking we may have to get together at the American Girl Place after they get settled.

3 comments:

The Johnson Scoop said...

Thanks for your sweet words about me and my family. We'll miss you guys! Atlanta get togethers are definitely in order!! :)

S, E, or O said...

My girls were a bit disappointed, too. The Johnsons definitely served God well at Grey Stone.

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Yep, you echo my sentiments too =(